New Chair needed for FBA
Richard Harrison stood down as Chair in December 2015. In January 2016, FBA’s Management Committee agreed upon a new definition of the essential tasks of this role:
- providing leadership to the Committee
- taking responsibility for the Committee’s composition and development
- ensuring proper information is provided to the Committee
- planning and conducting meetings effectively
- ensuring the vision and mission of the Association is adhered to, with goals and targets reviewed regularly
- engaging the Committee in assessing/improving its way of working as well as motivating them
- ensuring effective communication with members
- developing the engagement of members
- overseeing the finances of the Association (the Treasurer has responsibility here too)
- develop ways of measuring or recording value of membership to the members
The Chair’s primary role is to ensure that the committee is effective in its tasks of setting and implementing the Business Association’s direction and strategy.
The Chair is expected to act as the Business Association’s leading representative. This will involve the presentation of the Association’s aims and policies to the outside world.
You don’t have to be an existing member to apply for the role or become Chair. FBA welcomes enquiries from anyone with business experience and a desire to make a contribution to local commerce and the community. We’ll treat all approaches in the strictest confidence.
If you’re interested, please email Jacqueline Ward, FBA Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org